Collecting Personal Information
Personal information collected, stored and maintained by Bunzl consists of the following:
1. customer name, address, telephone number, fax number, e-mail address, credit card details and trade references;
2. as part of our credit application process, names and addresses of directors, proprietors and owners of corporate customers and details of any personal guarantors is collected; and
3. data from credit reporting agencies.
This information is collected to enable us to:
• carry out the necessary credit checks as part of our credit application processes;
• provide products and services to customers; and
• receive and process payments for the supply of products and services.
We also collect and maintain records of personal information of Employees, potential Employees and Contractors. Examples of information collected are Employee or Contractor name, address, licence, contact and emergency contact details and resumes, which are used as part of the recruitment process.
Bunzl does not collect any personal information relating to religion, political opinions, sexual preferences, racial or ethnic background and criminal record.
Use & Disclosure of Information
Personal information collected by Bunzl is used for business purposes only. Bunzl will not rent, sell or trade any personal information. We will not disclose any personal information to third parties for them to market goods and services to you.
Personal information will be disclosed where the disclosure of the information is authorised under the National Privacy Principles. Examples of where the disclosure of this information is authorised are:
• You have consented either expressly or impliedly, to the disclosing of the information about you;
• Where the use or disclosure is required or authorised by or under law;
• Use or disclosure is reasonably necessary for the conduct of or preparation for court proceedings;
• Use or disclosure is necessary to prevent a threat to life, health or safety; or
• Use or disclosure is required to investigate unlawful activity, to prevent or detect a criminal offence or seriously improper conduct.
Marketing & Promotions
Bunzl conducts direct mailing communications using personal information collected. For those parties who do not wish to participate in direct mail communications, Bunzl must be notified in writing either by letter, fax or e-mail. This notification must include name, address and contact details.
Security of Personal Information
All personal information collected by Bunzl will be stored in a secure area with controlled access to protect your personal information from loss, misuse or unauthorised access or alteration. Records containing personal information that are no longer required for business purposes or by law, will be destroyed by a secure means ie. shredding, pulping or disintegration of information.
Quality of Personal Information
Bunzl is committed to keeping accurate and complete personal information. Bunzl invites customers, contractors and employees to notify us when:
• Personal information stored is inaccurate; and/or
• when personal information changes;
and we will ensure the information is corrected.
Access to Personal Information
Personal information may be accessed upon request but only to the extent we are able by law, and are required under the National Privacy Principles. If we are unable to approve access, reasons for the inability to access the information will be provided. Where reasonable, consideration can be given to the use of an intermediary who would allow sufficient access to mutually satisfy our needs.
This policy will be published on the Intranet and Bunzl web site and will be accessible to all employees, customers, suppliers and contractors at any time. If Bunzl modifies this policy, changes will be published on the Intranet and web sites, on the day the changes are made.
This information is current as at 5th June 2017.
Bunzl Australasia ABN 18 004 611 090.
If you believe the privacy of your personal information has been breached in any way, please notify us by:
Telephone (03) 9590 3000
Facsimile (03) 9590 3099
Or write to,
PO Box 379
Mulgrave VIC 3170