Collecting Personal Information
Personal information collected, stored and maintained by Bunzl consists of the following:
- Business contact details (names, addresses, phone numbers, email addresses, fax numbers), professional and business details as well as bank account details.
- As part of our credit application process, we may also obtain and store information regarding:- Other financial information from financial institutions, information from regulatory bodies
– Reports from providers of credit information and trade references.
- We may collect information such as names and contact details of persons who contact Bunzl with requests for information and/or queries, including through Bunzl’s website to respond to those requests for information and/or queries.
- We may collect information about applicants for employment with Bunzl including health information to assess those applications for employment.
- We may collect information about Bunzl’s employees and contractors relevant to their employment or contract with Bunzl to fulfil Bunzl’s responsibilities as an employer and contractor. Examples of information collected are Employee or Contractor name, address, licence, contact and emergency contact details and resumes, which are used as part of the recruitment process.Bunzl may collect and use Personal Information, and share such information with its related companies, for the purpose of:
- processing Applications for Credit (including assessing the Applicant’s and any Individuals credit worthiness) and
- administering any account for commercial credit granted, inclusive of collecting payments due under the account and
- collect from and share with other organisations Personal Information in the manner specified below
obtain a consumer credit report containing information about the Applicant or any Individual from a credit reporting agency for the purpose of assessing this Application and collecting overdue payments relating to commercial credit owed by the Applicant;
exchange information about the Applicant and any Individual (including any information about credit worthiness, credit standing, credit history or credit capacity that credit providers are allowed to exchange under the Privacy Act) with other credit providers:
to administer Bunzl’s dealings and potential dealings with suppliers of products and services;
- to supply products and services;
- to process customer orders;
- to assess an Application by the Applicant for credit;
- to notify other credit providers of a default by the Applicant;
- to exchange information with other credit providers as to the status of any amounts owing under the Account where the Applicant is in default with other credit providers; and
- to assess the Applicant’s credit worthiness
- to register security under PPSA
- to receive and process payments for the supply of products and services
contact the individual for direct marketing or other promotional purposes;
- disclose information to related companies based in New Zealand, China
Bunzl does not collect any personal information relating to religion, political opinions, sexual preferences, racial or ethnic background and criminal record
Use & Disclosure of Information
Personal information collected by Bunzl is used for business purposes only. Bunzl will not rent, sell or trade any personal information. We will not disclose any personal information to third parties for them to market goods and services to you. Bunzl will not otherwise use or disclose Personal Information unless permitted or required by the Privacy Act or any other law.
Personal information will be disclosed where the disclosure of the information is authorised under the National Privacy Principles. Examples of where the disclosure of this information is authorised are:
- You have consented either expressly or impliedly, to the disclosing of the information about you;
- Where the use or disclosure is required or authorised by or under law;
- Use or disclosure is reasonably necessary for the conduct of or preparation for court proceedings;
- Use or disclosure is necessary to prevent a threat to life, health or safety; or
- Use or disclosure is required to investigate unlawful activity, to prevent or detect a criminal offence or seriously improper conduct.
Bunzl may give Personal Information about the Applicant and any Individual to a credit reporting agency in order to obtain a consumer credit report and to allow the credit reporting agency to create or maintain a credit information file. The information may include the following particulars:
- identity particulars;
- the fact that the Applicant has applied for credit and the amount;
- the fact that Bunzl is a current credit provider to the Applicant;
- payments which become overdue for more than 60 days, and for which collection action has been commenced;
- advice that payments are no longer overdue;
- that cheques drawn by the Applicant have been dishonoured more than once, or that court judgments or bankruptcy orders have been made against the Applicant; and
- in specified circumstances, that in the opinion of Bunzl, the Applicant has committed a serious credit infringement
- to other service providers such as printers and mailing houses in connection with the purposes mentioned above
Please do not hesitate to contact your Credit Department for further information on which credit reporting bureau is being used for your account.
Marketing & Promotions
Bunzl conducts direct mailing communications using personal information collected. For those parties who do not wish to participate in direct mail communications, Bunzl must be notified in writing either by letter, fax or e-mail. This notification must include name, address and contact details.
Security of Personal Information
Security of personal information is important to us and we take all reasonable precautions to protect personal information from misuse, loss, unauthorised access, modification or disclosure as well as to destroy or permanently de identify personal information if it is no longer needed for any purpose. Nevertheless, the internet is not a secure environment. No data transmission over the Internet can be guaranteed to be totally secure. We cannot warrant the security, integrity or privacy of personal information submitted to this web site www.bunzl.com.au. If you use the internet to send us any information, including your email address, it is sent at your own risk.All personal information collected by Bunzl will be stored in a secure area with controlled access to protect your personal information from loss, misuse or unauthorised access or alteration. Records containing personal information that are no longer required for business purposes or by law, will be destroyed by a secure means i.e. shredding, pulping or disintegration of information.
Quality of Personal Information
Bunzl is committed to keeping accurate and complete personal information. Bunzl will take reasonable steps to ensure the personal information we collect, use or disclose is as accurate, complete and up to date as possible.
Bunzl invites customers, contractors and employees to notify us (contact details below) when:
Personal information stored is inaccurate; and/or
when personal information changes;
Bunzl will take all reasonable steps to ensure that it is corrected.
Access to Personal Information
Personal information may be accessed upon request (contact details below) but only to the extent we are able by law, and are required under the National Privacy Principles. If we are unable to approve access, reasons for the inability to access the information will be provided. Where reasonable, consideration can be given to the use of an intermediary who would allow sufficient access to mutually satisfy our needs.
Should an individual wish to complain if he or she believes that Bunzl has interfered with his or her privacy, please notify us in writing (contact details below).All complaints will be responded to in writing within 14 working days.
This policy will be published on the Intranet and Bunzl web site and will be accessible to all employees, customers, suppliers and contractors at any time. If Bunzl modifies this policy, changes will be published on the Intranet and web sites, on the day the changes are made. This information is current as at 9th August 2019. Bunzl ABN 99 007 286 133.
If you believe the privacy of your personal information has been breached in any way, please notify us by:
Telephone (03) 9590 3000 | Facsimile (03) 9590 3099
E-mail email@example.com Or write to:
Human Resources Administrator
PO Box 379
Mulgrave VIC 3170